Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My thesis on Hollywood's Animal Romance


In my last post,I prepared a list of animated movies which have come out of Hollywood in past two decades.A dear friend of mine observed that I simply stated facts and did not provide my own thoughts on the subject.So I am going to try and summarize what I think of this fiasco of Hollywood in the following paragraph.
I think Hollywood,much like USA as a whole,is trying to impose its own morals on the masses.For example in  Lion King : Simba's Pride as well as Madagascar ,they have tried to  portray a lion's impulse of eating its food as evil hence should be controlled.People have started treating animals like human beings.When you start doing that,the natural thing to follow is reversing of roles ; Humans are treated like animals and animals are treated like humans.People are now more concerned with the health of their pets than the health of their pets' human attendants.
Another thing which sprung out of proportion is petting of new type of animals.There was a time when it used to be either a cat or a dog as a pet.Now people pet turtles,new kinds of fish,chameleons, scorpions ,spiders and even snakes.The bad thing about this is that people have forgotten that animals are animals ...they love their wild lives unlike us.If we like a certain type of life,it does not mean that every other living organism has the same definition of perfect life.
When I see these kind of things,I start wondering that when will we,human beings,start to understand that every living organism has the right to its own lifestyle and morals.

4 comments:

  1. GUD ONE.
    Clear and concrete.classic message conveyed in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waoooooo..... u r right....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time do a piece on Robot Romance ;). Like WALL-E (good movie though)

    ReplyDelete